Child hand's in father's hand

Child Support

Issues related to child support can be complicated, but it is important to arrive at an arrangement that's fair for everyone involved.

Parents in Idaho and Washington State who need assistance with child support matters can benefit greatly from working with Partovi Law.

Find out if attorney David Partovi of Spokane, WA, can help you...

Who We Represent

New Divorce

Are you a parent going through a divorce right now? Properly negotiating details of child custody and support from the outset of your separation can save you significant expense and stress in the future. David Partovi can be by your side throughout your divorce, ensuring that your rights are protected and that your child is set up for success.

Custodial Parents

Are you a parent with primary custody of your child? If the other parent is not meeting their child support obligations, we can help you initiate legal action that will hold the other parent accountable. If circumstances have changed and your child support arrangement is no longer sufficient, David Partovi can help you modify the existing child support order.

Non-Custodial Parents

Are you a parent who does not have primary custody of your child? You may be burdened by unfair and unrealistic child support obligations. If you are struggling to make your child support payments, David Partovi can help you petition to modify your parenting plan. If appropriate, he may also help you argue for more time with your child.

What Is Child Support?

Child support is court-ordered payments that one parent makes to another parent to pay for expenses related to raising a child. Child support is calculated based on the income of each parent and the parents' custody agreement. In almost all circumstances, the non-custodial parent makes child support payments to the custodial parent.

In Idaho and Washington State, child support calculations are complex. Without the assistance of a family law attorney, you may receive a child support order that isn't fair to you or your child. For the best chance at receiving a just and reasonable support order, contact our office in Spokane, WA, for a free consultation.

How Is Child Support Enforced?

In Idaho, if a parent fails to provide their court-ordered child support, the other parent can open a case with Child Support Services, a division of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. Child Support Services can take several steps to make sure that payments are made, including withholding the payment amounts from the parent's paycheck.

In Washington, child support orders are enforced by the Division of Child Support, which falls under the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services. Like in Idaho, a parent who does not meet their child support obligations is subject to having their income withheld, their tax returns intercepted, or other penalties.

If you are dealing with a deadbeat parent who isn't providing for your child, attorney David Partovi of Spokane can help. Contact our office today for a free consultation.

Dealing with a Delinquent Parent? You Are Not Alone

Real 5-Star Reviews


David Betts


Google logo

I can say without a shadow of doubt, David Partovi Esq. is an excellent lawyer, a straight talker, honorable and gets results even in the middle of Covid-19 and most of the legal system seems shut down. Thanks to Mr. Partovi's expertise I now have the ability to move on with my life and family. I am forever grateful to him and his staff.

View More Google Reviews

Liliya S.


Google logo

I’m so grateful for David, he spent more than an hour with me after hours trying to help me with my urgent need. He gave me his opinion and advice and haven’t take any money for the consultation. He’s very friendly and professional. He takes a very close look at your situation. I would definitely come back to him and recommend him to others. Thank you, David!

View More Google Reviews
David Partovi

Partovi Law

Attorney David Partovi and his team are always available when you need them. They are proud to be associated with:

  • Washington State Bar Association
  • Idaho State Bar
  • United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
  • United States District Court for the District of Idaho
  • 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
  • Washington State Court of Appeals – Division III

Contact us now by calling (509) 638-3247 or completing our online contact form. We can arrange to discuss your case with you as soon as possible.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite