If you have been arrested for drunk driving in eastern Washington or northern Idaho, you need to know that your arrest is not a unique case for the prosecution. The government knows exactly what they need to do to secure a conviction for DUI. They have the enforcement of DUI laws down to a science.
Get Our Drunk Driving Defense Attorney On Your Side
For the best chance of having charges dropped or an acquittal, you need the help of an attorney who knows what techniques are effective at fighting DUI charges. Even if your goal is simply to maximize plea negotiations, the presentation of a dynamic defense can motivate the prosecution to make the best possible offer.
At Partovi Law, P.S., our Spokane DUI/DWI lawyer brings a decade of criminal defense experience and effective strategies to help you reach a fair resolution.
The Best Defense Is A Good Offense
We will thoroughly examine your arrest and alcohol testing to ensure your rights are respected. Areas we may probe include:
- Was the breathalyzer properly calibrated?
- Was the officer who conducted your testing properly trained on how to operate the breathalyzer?
- Was there probable cause for the officer to pull you over in the first place?
- Were symptoms of a medical condition mistaken for signs of intoxication
- Is there any history of defects or false positives from the specific model of breathalyzer you were tested on?
Act Right Away To Avoid Administrative License Suspension
Once you have been arrested, you have a short amount of time to act before an administrative suspension is placed on your driving privileges. You must mail in a request for an administrative hearing on the matter. In Washington, you have 20 days to mail in the request for a hearing. In Idaho, you have only seven days.
Acting as soon as possible after your arrest can help you keep your driver's license.